Friday 26 December 2014


Mid winter, but at least the days are starting to get longer again. Just six months to go before those glorious light nights of summer when the sky glows with colour at midnight. The simmer dim. 

Between now and then, several things to look forward to. There is to be a solar eclipse on March 20th. On Unst it should be 98%, which, weather permitting will be spectacular. To see the full 100% one would need to be out at see somewhere between Muckle Fugga and the Faroe Islands. It will be the last solar eclipse visible from Europe until 2026, so I read.

I also have an exhibition to set up at Llandaff Cathedral, Cardiff. It will consist of the two works '12 Apostles-Face of Christ' and the 'Stations of the Cross-Forces of Creation' previously shown at St David’s. The exhibition will be there for the whole of Lent. Dean Gerwyn and I have discussed several ways the works can be used within the liturgy of Lent and the life of the cathedral.

Easter will see the unveiling of my work at Guy’s Hospital. I am marking the 25th anniversary of my kidney transplant at the hospital with a wall installation to honour all organ donors on behalf of all grateful transplant recipients. The design is complete and is based around a spring flowering cherry tree. In the new year it will be cut out of stainless steel and then I will need to spend time painting some of it and joining other parts together to have all the pieces ready to be put up in the hospital atrium 2 in early April.

In addition I am also putting my mind to designing an artwork for St Andrew’s minster church in Plymouth. Several artists are competing for the commission and the first submissions need to be ready within a few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment